37' Terraplane wiring

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Was there any covering for the wires leading thru and over the radiator to the headlights?

Comments

• My unrestored '37 Terraplane has a braided cover, faded, was probably black
  • Thanks, Bill. Does anyone make a reproduction of this material? Or have this material?
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    There are companies that reproduce wiring harnesses, and since the harnesses are in sections (there is not one connected 'harness' for the entire car) my guess is that the companies would be able to make up one or two components for you. The wire is modern neoprene-covered wire but is covered with authentic color-coded cloth covering and individual wires are bunded in the black cloth loom material.

The companies are: Y and Z's (in California), Narragansett, and Rhode Island Wiring (both of the last two companies are in Rhode Island). You can type these into your search engine and you can get their webpages, undoubtedly.
  • Thanks for the info.
  • Called Rhode Island Wiring Services. Spoke to Mark in R&D deptartment. They had a Terraplane diagram and all of the runs made up already with connectors. Great customer service. Shipping immediately.

Jon B, your the closest thing to a Certified Hudson Tech I know of. Thanks again for the info!
This discussion has been closed.