1952 (maybe 1951) hood ornament question

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in HUDSON
The base of my 1952 triangle hood ornament is cracked in two places and I am looking for another one. My question is: are the 1951 and 1952 chrome bases the same? I saw a picture of a 1951 base but could tell if it had the correct curvature that would match my 1952 base.

Comments

• The 1952 Hudson hood ornament was different from the 1951 version due to a basic design change. In 52 the design was to "bull nose" around the front hood curvature. In 51 the design was the llonger "bullet" design. The 52 did however share the gold annodized triangle crest. These interchange for both years. The base for the 51 will also interchange for the 50 model as well. These references are for the Hornet models and do not relate to some other models of the same years. I assume you are only interested in the Hornet or Commodore. Correct?
  • That does answer my question. The problem I have is that my 53 hood has rusted in places that will be very hard to fix, but I had a good 52 hood that I was told will easily fit my 53.

Since the 53 had the plane-like hood ornament, then my 52 hood would have a large hole in it on the "bull nose" if I tried to mount the 53 ornament. Since I really like the looks of the 52 ornament, I just thought that I would keep it (even though my car is a 53). I guess that I will continue to look for a 52 ornament base that can be used (replated if necessary). Thank you for the help.
  • HAVE USED, AND LIKE NEW 52 HOOD ORNAMENT BASES, EMAIL ME FOR PRICES. BILL ALBRIGHT albrighthudsons@msn.com
This discussion has been closed.