[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Here are a couple of pics of the truck as it sits today

I'll have it painted this weekend....then on to the interior

the third pic is what it looked like when I picked it up last fall

Comments

• hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    I'm going to put a couple of your photos on my Hudson web site ( http://groups.msn.com/HudsonMotorCarCompany/ ) under "Hudsons Under Restoration." Would appreciate you sending me an email with some general info, your name, state, etc to put with the photos.

Hudsonly

Alex Burr

hester_nec@yahoo.com (there's an _ between hester and nec).
  • making great progress, ooks mighty fine, when you get to interior. i have nos wiper switches, wiper arms and blades, glove box inserts, and glove box instrument and clock face.bill albright. ALBRIGHTHUDSONS@MSN.COM
  • LanceB
    LanceB Senior Contributor
    Looking good. You have made lots of progress from the first pic. I'm about ready to put all of the parts of my truck back on my frame to check the fit before paint. Have some of the pics in the Hudson Essex Terraplane MSN group, but I need to add some more.

Best regards,

Lance
  • I'll be painting it with a buddy of mine, he'll probably do the actual topcoat shooting. Its going to be suede black with some red and orange accent striping. I also plan on dropping it 2 inches.

I drove the truck to work today, man is it low geared, top speed looks to be about 50mph. How difficult is it to find/install an overdrive trans?
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Shouldn't be hard at all once you locate one. The truck was identical with the car, mechanically, and OD's were common on the cars. If you take the OD off a junker, be sure to get the shorter drive shaft to match, though...or you'll have to have your drive shaft shortened. I believe that OD's up through 1952 will work (with a possible bellhousing modification). Check the WTN ads for OD's, or contact Al Saffrahn in Arizona, he might have one for sale. You probably have one of the stump-puller ratio gears, at very least you could obtain a 4.11 which was pretty much standard in the passenger cars (and you can sometimes find NOS gearsets for sale).
  • I was thinking of possibly replacing the rear end with one that I have out of a Javelin (3.08 gears), does anyone know what the rear track is on the pickup?
  • dave s
    dave s Senior Contributor, Moderator
    stock rear end should be 4.11 ratio. o/d vehicles usually had 4.56 ratio.
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    Most rear ends on the trucks were 4.56 It would have been easy to get a 4.11 however, since it was the same rear axle w/the 11in brakes used on the Commadore Eights.

I put a tranny/OD from a '49 in my 46. Fits great, and the governor misses the X-frame by about 3/4 inch. Must use the earlier bell housing with the later tranny.

Larry, HET truck guru
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    Rear tread all models 41-47 is 59 1/2in

Front is 56 1/4
This discussion has been closed.