1933 Essex Terraplane-Eight, Head Needed

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I am looking for a head to fit a 1933 Essex Terraplane-Eight. I own a complete original sedan and need a head. I understand that a Hudson head from a 1933 and 1934 eight cylinder will fit, although I don't know this for certain. I appreciate any help as I really want to get this wonderful car back on the road. I have fond memories of driving it and really look forward to doing so again.

Steve Cavender

e-mail <stevecavender@aol.com>

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Ken Lay is the Club's registrar for the '32-'33 Essex Terraplanes, I believe. He would probably be in a position to answer the interchangeability question, and he may even know of someone who might have spare cylinder heads. (The list of registrars is in the back of the WTN or you can check the roster)
  • The head bolt pattern is the same from 1930 to 1952, I have a 35 head on my T8 coupe. Any thing 35 and earlier allows you to use the stock water pump, 36 and later use a pump with the water outlet on the right, so they will not work, If you are worried about originality, how many people have even seen a T8, so could not tell if you had a 33 head or a 35 head even if they wanted too. So go for it.
  • THE 34 AND 35 HEADS HAVE WATER PUMP MOUNTED TO HEAD. 33 MOUNTS TO BLOCK. DOUBT IF THEY WILL WORK. HAVE A CUSTOMER NAMED CLIIFF WHILES, IN ARIZ THAT ALSO NEED A T8 HEAD. IS THIS THE SAME CAR// IF YOU FIND ONE OR TWO LET E KNOW, BILL ALBRIGHT. albrighthudsons@msn.com
  • Sorry bill, It mounts in the head in 33, not on the block, that was 36 and later. I have an 33 water pump in a 35 head in my T8 now.
  • The 34/35 Head Has A Ramp In The Middle Of The Head Which Rises Up To Accept The Water Pump. The 33 Head Is Completely Flat, If I Remember Right
This discussion has been closed.