WTB: Clifford Single 4 Barrel intake for 232-262-308

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Looking for a Clifford single four barrel intake for the stepdown series engine. 232-262-308.

hough495@erau.edu

or

dehudso@comcast.net

Thanks, Keith H.

Comments

• I saw that on the clifford site. Just was curious if anyone had one that they would like to get rid of.
  • I have seen used ones got for about the same as what it appears you can buy one new for off the clifford site. I would always opt for a new part, versus a used one, if the price is real close. never know what mgiht have been done to it. Also, I I'm real sure they are aluminum, heat cycles can have some effects on aluminum...

Curious what people do for linkage... I guess a 2 barrel linkage set-up can be adapted.
  • The last one I used, we did modify the two barrel linkage. If used is going for pretty close to the same price, get the new one. However, if the used is about 1/2 the price of new, you're probably better off.
  • hudsonkid wrote:
    I have seen used ones got for about the same as what it appears you can buy one new for off the clifford site. I would always opt for a new part, versus a used one, if the price is real close. never know what mgiht have been done to it. Also, I I'm real sure they are aluminum, heat cycles can have some effects on aluminum...

Curious what people do for linkage... I guess a 2 barrel linkage set-up can be adapted.

Hudson had aluminum 2 barrel intakes on some of their cars. I dont see why it could be a problem with heat cycling. Where did ya see the used ones?

I'm on the lookout for one. :D
  • Fall Hershey 2002

Spring Carlisle 1999

Ebay few years back

I think the aluminum 2 barrel intakes were on the 8's. Not sure if it was ever used on a stepdown motor otherwise.

The prices on the intakes was about in line to what clifford is asking, some were more, and some were a bit less. I cannot believe that they are available, and so reasonable. I would expect a market price on a used to be 200-250, maybe more if you find one, at all. Likely, you will exhaust all of your price savings looking for one. Might just want to buy the new one. you know where it is, has been, and where it is going.

The edmunds manifolds are in the same arena, they are hard to find, make occassional appearances on eBay, and car shows, and are in a similar price range. but you need a set of headders as well, and likely, the same applies to the clifford intake, if memory serves correct, so add the extra for headders. between looking for headders and a used intake, I would one stop shop for these. I think we bought two sets of headders at the Nationals last year in pittsburg for around $100 a set, each. This might not be real far off clifford's price for new. I'll jump over and check then.

*** headders are $299 ***
  • I have a stock aluminum intake on a stepdown six, sitting about 30 feet from me.

Dad and a couple of friends have had troubles getting headers from clifford in a timely manner, so I was feeling out this place. We have a set of dual outlet headers that are ceramic coated, waiting to be bolted up to our 7X copy. We have an Edmunds 2x2 on there now, but need a good way to control the 700R4 that is going behind the 7X. So an Edelbrock carb with the appropriate lever and bracketry on the clifford intake is how we are planning to do it.
  • I had the same problem with Clifford taking a while to get me my parts. I just thank my lucky stars they are still willing to make the parts for the Hudson community. The stuff is great and fits like a glove. If you need another source for exotic intakes pop over to Uncommon Engineering he has some hot products for Hudson. He may also know of places to get the kind of intake you want.
  • hudson wrote:
    I have a stock aluminum intake on a stepdown six, sitting about 30 feet from me.

what is the intake from? Is it stock? what year?

I might have learned something new...

Never knew, pretty cool!
  • I'll try and put up a pic tomorrow. Looks stock as can be, plain and sand cast appearing.

I'm pretty sure it was the non-running six pulled out of my '49
  • Still looking.
  • EssexAdv
    EssexAdv Expert Adviser, Member
    HUdson used Alum intakes oon 48 & 9 StepDowns
This discussion has been closed.