antique auto parts

Unknown
edited November -1 in Swapmeets
have a cache of .040 oversized ford flathead pistons. forged, 4 ring (2 compression, 2 oil), full floating wrist pin, NOS. these are left over from the Second World War and pickled in cosmoline, wrapped in oilcloth, sealed with wax, then boxed and forgotten about until now. id like to get $30 each but am open to reasonable offers for a set of 8. 8.jpg

next up a carter WCD in simply amazing condition. pulled this gem out of a car that was being scrapped and id rate it as one step below NOS. iron base nice and tight, butterflies free, all springs and linkages functional, 100% original. would like $75 but open to reasonable offers. 1.jpg

2.jpg

rare high compression flathead pontiac head from 1948 silver streak. poor condition but usable, would need plugs drilled out and the holes tapped. no visible signs of cracking. make me an offer, really... try me! im open to anything on all these items. 3.jpg

finally... local salvage yard with inventory going back tot he 1930's will be scrapping many rare automobiles starting summer 2008. tell me what you need and i will see if they have what you need. mostly rotted hulks, but much trim, mechanical, and glass pieces usable. simply send me a message, email at histbuff1190@yahoo.com, or reply in this thread and i'll get back to you.

Comments

• 1963 Ford Thunderbird for $4000 and large 60's Mercury Montclaire for $3000. both cars solid, drivable, and titled. more info and pictures tomorrow or day after. also, massive 500ci cadillac motor. starts, runs, and makes ya twitch thinkin bout how much torque and horsepower it has :D only $500 !!! thats 1ci per dollar! and probably about the same hp per dollar rating too! email histbuff1190@yahoo.com or post inquiries here~
  • make that one 1965 Thunderbird for $2500, and one 1966 Mercury Montclair for $2000. appear to be in original paint, however faded, and real solid cars. both run and have all keys, titles, etc.

tbird1.jpg

tbird2.jpg

tbird3.jpg

merc1.jpg

merc2.jpg

merc3.jpg
  • small block chevy parts, would like $500 for the whole lot but make me an offer. 4 bolt main 350, no intake/valve covers. 4 bolt main 350 block, real low wear but could use a honing job to be perfect. and lastly a 305 from a 1990 camaro. pics on request, post here or email me at histbuff1190@yahoo.com
  • 534ci Ford motor with Holley 4bbl. big. very big. running motor out of firetruck! post here or email histbuff1190@yahoo.com for more info
This discussion has been closed.