54 hornet wiring diagram for OD

bobbydamit
bobbydamit Expert Adviser
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Is there somewhere to find a wiring diagram for the 54 hornet OD. ? I don't have a shop manual that new and just need the wiring to trace my problems, and maybe rebuild the complete harness. Thanks, and Please "E" me direct, as I don't get to the Forum much these days.

Comments

• TOM-WA-
    TOM-WA- Senior Contributor
    Can't E mail you without an address....

I have a wiring Diagram
  • Click on his name bobbydarnit and hit "send email to bobbydarnit" you will find his address there.
  • Bob:

The following link is to the overdrive diagram on my website. This is the same wiring diagram through 54 albeit marked 50-52. I just checked it against my Motors Auto Wiring diagrams manual and it is the same diagram. Same in the Hudson manual.

http://members.aol.com/stepdown53/hudsonoverdrive50-52

Sometimes this link will not work due to the way AOL has set up outside access... but you can go to the website and download the picture and print to a readable 8.5 X 11 size.

I have taken the harnesses out of Stepdowns and replaced the wiring with modern materials using the original connectors. If the plastic on the connectors is brittle and unusable, one alternative is to use normal spade connectors. Carefully mark each wire so you can reconnect. These connectors are universal among the cars using the Borg-Warner overdrives so, if you find the connectors in a Ford, Chrysler Motors restoration or OEM parts ... you are in luck ... other wise use care a good soldering gun and patience. Completely redoing a harness is a day project and if done with modern materials will not have to be done again.

Good Luck
  • hudsonguy
    hudsonguy Senior Contributor
    Yesterday was the 40th annual Little Hershey Car Show and Swap Meet, in Belvidere, Il.

A total of 11 (I think) Hudsons were there to represent three decades of Hudson and Terraplane excellence. The Model T club was kind enough to waive the entry fee for any one in the HET club, so we were really treated well. Secured a nice spot in the shade by the entry way, so it was a really nice meet.

During the awards, I think a total of six trophies went out to Hudson owners! There were a lot of Brand X's there, so there were quite a few cars in each class to compete with. Not that anyone was all that keen about trophies, and such, but it was nice for Hudson to be recognized to well. They even put a '54 Hudson on the dash plaques for the meet.

Again, thanks to the Model T club for a well run and enjoyable meet.
This discussion has been closed.