Outside mirrors for stepdown

Park_W
Park_W Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Anyone know a source for stepdown ('51) outside rear view mirrors that look similar to original and with a head that'll turn in far enough to be used on the right side?

Comments

• LeBaron Bonney has an original type mirror in their catalog. The stock number is 8A-18402. Page 63 of the print catalog or www.lebaronbonney.com. I don't know if they will turn in far enough but everybody that I've ever delt with at Lebaron-Bonney has been very helpful, so maybe customer service can answer the turning question. 800-221-5408
  • I used 65 Mustang type, look good, work good, try Ebay.
  • Park, I bought an exact replica for Mitzi's 52 at fall Hershey. About 250.00. It matches the factory one perfect, top just doesn't swivel like original. If you are interested, I'll get you vendors name smile.gif
  • EssexAdv
    EssexAdv Expert Adviser, Member
    Park, I have used the Leberon Bonnie mirror mentioned above on my 52. They take a bit of time to get mounted at the correct angle to work, But once that's done they seem to be fine.

In any case, I sure wish I had know of Dave Sollon's repro source. That might be a good option too.

Lewis Mendenhall
  • Park_W
    Thanks for the suggestions so far. I think the Hershey vendor was probably Jay Fisher. I talked with Jay a couple of nights ago, and he wanted me to see his catalog before ordering. He said his repro's were made from a genuine original, but he couldn't duplicate the part that allows the head to be re-positioned, then locked into place. The LeBaron Bonney one sounds like a good candidate too. Thanks again, all.
  • Park_W
    And a litle tidbit on LeBaron Bonney ... their building in Amesbury, MA, is one of the former Biddle and Smart factory buildings. Concrete B&S placard still above the front door.
This discussion has been closed.