49 Hudson Commodore - Ebay

rambos_ride
rambos_ride Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in HUDSON
A nice looking driver...opening bid US $12,992.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4551776122

JimStewart.jpg

Would the Twin-H be a transplant or stock for this model/year?

Comments

• Twin H is a transplant for this year. Not available until 1951 on the Hornet, more common on the 52's, 53's & 54's.
  • Ad provides you some clues. Clifford Head is the main one. The installed engine is a 308 Cu in Hornet engine. Another clue is the twin H linkage. 51 and Later model blocks have the proper mounting points for Twin H pedal and carburetor linkage cast into the block. The spare engine is also a Hornet engine. Twin carbs were not original equipment on the factory installed narrow block 262 engine. Another very Hudson sedan.
  • Not a bad price for a very solid and pretty car- with VERY nice ORIGINAL interior. Although it doesn't have the original matching number engine, a 308 Hornet engine plus a ready to run spare is worth good money. I've been told that an excellent steering wheel itself is worth close to $1000... and it comes with four new Hudson aluminum door sill guards.
  • I agree with nhp, that is a nice ride. Great paint too. Speaking of paint, can you guys look a the ebay link, second row down, 4th picture to the right. The shot of hte front end sort of looking down.

Take a look at the horizontal panel just blow the black grill louvers and just above the turn signals. I asked this same question a few weeks ago and got confusing answers, but was that originally black or the body color like it is????

Paint mine this week and still unsure. Please advise.

PS what color is that car????
  • Dennis- to me, the picture looks like body color. However, I have an original 1948 Commodore. It's at the shop getting some mechanical stuff done, I'll look at it tomorrow and let you know for sure. Niels
  • I agree with nhp, that is a nice ride. Great paint too. Speaking of paint, can you guys look a the ebay link, second row down, 4th picture to the right. The shot of hte front end sort of looking down.

Take a look at the horizontal panel just blow the black grill louvers and just above the turn signals. I asked this same question a few weeks ago and got confusing answers, but was that originally black or the body color like it is????

Paint mine this week and still unsure. Please advise.

PS what color is that car????

My 49 super six club coupe had that panel painted body color. The paint looked very original when I took it off. Red primer underneath and only two layers of paint: Primer and the silver/gray top color.
  • rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    She sold for $16,853.00 - wow - I'd say that was a fair price if the condition is anywhere close to the pictures...
This discussion has been closed.