Started my 50 Commodore Six today...

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Hey all... Thought I would post up that I started my 50 Hudson this afternoon. I had it stored for the winter, and finally got to starting it up. I had a "flat" tire, but other that a coupe of taps of the gas pedal, it started right up, no frozen clutch to the flywheel or nothing. I also took off the door handle guards (those wierd rectangles-esque ones with the square upper and lower ribs) and gave them to my dad. THey just didn;t look goood on mine. I know they are hard to find... but couldn't stand to look at it anymore.

I am anxious to work on it soon. I plan on dropping the tank, flushing, and resealing it, cleaning out the lines, and adding twin-h- POWAH!!!! (okay, I am excited.... )

Any advice as to what the best technique and chemicals are to clean out the tank, (done once, maybe 15 years ago)

and What obstacles will I need to overcome to add twin-h to my narrow block stepdown...

Thank you all in advance for all of the helpful hints and other advice!

Comments

• Real nice hudson driving weather is back in full swing around here. Sounds like it made it wherever you are. Have fun with the commodore.
  • Howdy

Well, my '50 Pacemaker is a far cry from starting, but I did do a little work on her today. The guy I bought mine from has a '53 Hornet fordor and its got the 302 six w/dual carbs. Its a rust bucket, but complete. I don't know if he will part it out or if he wants to sell it outright. I will check

Billy
This discussion has been closed.