Electronic ignition pictures

JasonNC
JasonNC Expert Adviser
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Would one of you guys that have installed the Chrysler slant six electronic igntion post some pictures of what it looks like. I'm curious to see the way the control box hooks to the distributor.

Thanks,

Jason

Comments

• go the the website slantsix.org (I think it is) and you should be able to find the wiring diagrams available for download; after you find it please download here for others to find it later on. i.e., future reference
  • Does this thread mean you can put a slant six ignition or distributor in a hudson? I am interested in an electronic ignition for my 232 engine.
  • JasonNC
    JasonNC Expert Adviser
    I've been told that you can. Look at the pages around April of 2004. That' where I got the idea from.

Jason
  • Yes, I have one in my 7X engine.

You'll need to remove the Hudson distributor shaft and put it into the slant six (SS) distributor; in addition, you'll need to remove a very slight amount of stock from the body of the SS distributor in order for it to slide snugly into the Hudson block's distributor hole.

No more points to first find, and then to purchase, forever.

This requires a 12v conversion, of course, but alternator's are better and cheaper and more available too, right?

Better lights at night, right. I'd bet that 12v bulbs are cheaper and easier to find too.

I'd bet 12v batteries are cheaper than 6v batteries and more readily available too.

Lots of advantages. No more points to adjust; think about it. YOU make the decision.
  • JasonNC
    JasonNC Expert Adviser
    The wiring diagrams seem to call for an external ballast resistor for the slant six distributor hook up. Can you wire up an electronic ignition system using an internal ballast? If so, how does that change the diagrams?

Jason
This discussion has been closed.