155 Mph 50 Hudson Pacemake Coupe!!!!!

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
No kidding.... check it out... eBay never lies! :rolleyes:

155 MPH HUDSON

I like it....

need to go with either red or black, not both.

looks decent.

but unless it was sporting like 16" wheels, and like a 3.07 rear and maybe a hornet motor with a terrific down wind, and at bonneville, severe weight reduction, nitrous, and maybe a JATO rocket, I doubt this car has ever seen anything over, say.... 100MPH.

Comments

• Howdy

What is a "RETORDED" car??? Seems like they need a proofreader to scan their ads before release :D
  • Billy, That means it's a car that thinks it can go 115 MPH! Wow that was obvious.
  • hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    I emailed the seller - his comment: "Well, I said "claims, lol! Now I can remember my grandfather thinking I was going too fast at 55!" LOL He remembers HIS grandfather thinking 55 was to fast - I can remember my dad with his "new" car, a 1937 Chrysler sedan he bought in 1948, saying, on one of our Sunday drives shortly after he bought the car, "Well, lets open her up and see what she'll do!!!" At the age of 11 I was thinking "Oh, boy!!" Dad's idea of "open her up" and mine were worlds apart as we cruised down Route 1 at a grand 60 mph. LOL ROF Which, upon reflection, was probably more than fast enough on that old 1948 highway. (tho I'll admit to a bit more than 60 on the same highway a few years (early 50's) later. hehehehe)

Hudsonly,

Alex B
  • Hmmm, wonder what the reserve is, paint job looks a little flaky. I am restoring a 50 Pacemaker and it may be cheaper to buy his than restore mine....I have a lot of rust to deal with.
  • Yeah but just remember this is a retorted Hudson so be careful!
  • hdsn49
    hdsn49 Senior Contributor
    My Dad bought a new Hudson in 1948. When somebody would ask him what kind of car it was, he proudly told them it was the new Hudson and that it was the only car made that would go 99 mph backwards.
  • Unknown
    edited November 2013
    Grumpy wrote:
    Make them an offer... They can't spell, maybe they can't count either - And obviously the speedometer doesn't work... You could pick it up for a 'song' (LOL)...

This was the best response so far....

THis is why I keep coming back to this board!!!!!

I will laugh about this all day....
  • How many times does he have to repeat the same line for us to believe it?
  • How many times does he have to repeat the same line for us to believe it?

what do you mean? what do you mean? what do you mean?

haha...

I was more confused after reading that auction listing, than before. It is ashamed, since it looks like a nice car, and should bring decent money. Unless I am clueless, I would bet the general grammar, and spelling, and just the presentation of the auction listing will hinder realistic bidding on the car. Also, I bet the reserve is sky high. I need to check it again.

I would also caution, that this is one you want to climb undr and check for yourself.... I bet there is some "rust issues"
  • yeah, you are always going to be better off buying a diamond in the rough, with a solid unibody, rather than a super looking car with frame rust. Start out with something solid, and you will end up with a good car.

For some reason, this car just seems to scream "frame rust" it looks great, but....

I kind of would be scared to buy a sight unseen stepdown from eBay, with exception from a club member, or with a clause to inspect it before I have to pay and haul it away. Just too much left to the imagination.
This discussion has been closed.