Wisconsin Hudson parts car: going, going...

Jon B
Jon B Administrator
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I spotted an ad for a '1950-ish Wasp', whole vehicle for parts only, in Wisconsin. Car must be sold by May 25 or 'will be trashed'. Might already be too late. Here's where you'll find the ad: http://restored-classics.com/carparts/page25.html

Comments

• I called and left a message. I will see what happened to it.
  • I spoke to the owner last night. He still has the car. He wants $300-$700 for it. It is about 2 hours from my place. He said it has alot of good parts on it yet. They will be posting some photos of it today. Hope someone can use it. He said it was an AMC WASP. If your interested and leave him a message, he will call back.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Where, precisely, will they be posting the photos? Did they tell you?
  • russmaas
    russmaas Senior Contributor
    You would think if he is going to junk the car for metal it would bring around $50.00

Why would he want $300-$700? Sounds odd to me
  • Jon B wrote:
    Where, precisely, will they be posting the photos? Did they tell you?

The photos will be on the site that you posted.
  • russmaas wrote:
    You would think if he is going to junk the car for metal it would bring around $50.00

Why would he want $300-$700? Sounds odd to me

Offer him $50 then. There must be gears in it that are worth that.
  • russmaas
    russmaas Senior Contributor
    Im not interested in it! Just doesnt make sense. He may think he has a diamond in the rough and trying cash in on it after alot of interest
  • It sounds like the standard stuff. If you want it he tries to get that out of you and then if no one wants it he scraps it. I had a guy tell me he wanted $3000 for a terraplane sitting with a tree growing through the hood compartment. I laughed so hard I cried and I did it in front of him, he told me to get off his land. I thought I would be doing him a favour I didn't realise leaving it outside to rust and have a tree grow in it was a recognised form of vehicle preservation.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    as far as I can tell, the fellow still hasn't posted the photos anywhere! Certainly there is no mention of it at the website where I originally saw the ad (see link above)
  • I have the photos. Jon B if you want to e-mail me, I will send them to you.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    HETdetailed@verizon.net (delete HET first), Gregg. Thanks. I will upload them to the Hudson photo site, then put a link here.
  • Jon B wrote:
    HETdetailed@verizon.net (delete HET first), Gregg. Thanks. I will upload them to the Hudson photo site, then put a link here.

Done, ladies and gentlemen.
  • Not that I would disagree with you on what the car is worth Russ, but have you seen what the Chinese are paying for US scrap? That thing may well bring in $400.I 've seen several yards crush everything and sell it all in the last year. It's getting tougher and tougher to find Hudsons at decent reasonable prices. All that aside this guy sounds like a greedy jerk.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Okay, here 'tis: http://www.classiccar.com/photopost/data/583/488HUDSON2.jpg .

Here's what the seller said:

'1950 ish Hudson Wasp - parts for sale - Whole vehicle for parts only. Must be gone by May 25, 2005 or it gets trashed. Leave a message. - in condition - Gerard Nicpon, Lublin, WI., 54447, USA, phone:715-669-3597 '
This discussion has been closed.