\'54 Hornet 4-door windshield

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Finally got around to trying to get the windshield put in the Hornet Special today, but when I took #156 kit from K-Gap to the glass shop, they said it would not work because the long rope seal thing was round and not fitted to the groove in the main weather seal. ?? Please advise. (RHO) Having trouble logging in!

Comments

• I'd advise you to contact Press Kale with your questions and concerns. He would most certainly be able to help you with the product you purchased from him and Janet. Kenneth
  • Will do that; just for the weekend was seeing if anyone knew regarding the round rope seal versus a slotted type. We'll check with the Kales next week. FYI, the Hudson windshield weather strip is a bargain....try one for a '56 Packard and it'll set you back over $200!
  • EssexAdv
    EssexAdv Expert Adviser, Member
    Another Reply, I have used K-Gaps 54 Windshield Rubber on at least 4 dcars. It does work properly. The only problem is insuring that you get the bottom corners connected properly. This is not a big problem but modern glass shops don't like to fool with it and usually find any excuse not to do the job

Lew
  • Tell them to use dish washing soap on the rope it will push into a real snug fit. Pretty hard put in w/o it.
    russ m.
  • Yeah, this glass shop (I've used before) didn't seem all that excited about doing this one. They just said round cord won't seal in non-round slot in the main rubber weatheseal. I'm pondering tackling it myself.
This discussion has been closed.