46 Pickup value question

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Hey folks, I was wondering what my 46 pickup was worth, it looks like there are some large bills looming in the near future and I may have to sell the truck.

I don't want to part with it but life happens

What are they worth? I've seen some ebay pricing but I don't want to rely on that.

here are the particulars

1946 Hudson Pickup

original drivetrain

new floors/brakes/radiator/paint etc...

No real modifications (haven't gotten around to them yet) except for the addition of turnsignals and 59 Rambler taillights

since this pic I have installed the grille and other trim and a 47 commodore 8 bumper

Comments

• does it have overdrive, radio, heater, working wipers??? where are you located, BILL ALBRIGHT albrighthudsons@msn.com
  • Its got a heater, and working wipers, no radio or overdrive. I am currently on the trail of an overdrive tranny but have yet to capitalize.

I am located in Syracuse, NY
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    My gut, as an owner of 2 of them and the HET guru who follows most of the buying/selling of them, is that you could get around 7-8K for it. It should be more of course,and it depends on who wants one at a particular time.

Put it on eBay with a reserve to see where the market is. Or figure out what you want and advertize it free in the WTN

I'd be interested in the motor condition/history and what the rear end ratio is, what kind/age are the tires, and what's been done to the fuel system.
  • The truck has 47k and the engine is original, I don't believe it has ever been apart. I was told the rear end ratio is 4.46:1. It has the original fuel tank/ original (style at least) fuel pump and sediment bowl filter as well as an extra ceramic Carter filter up near the carb. I replaced the fuel lines when I was fixing the rest of the truck.

The wheels on the truck right now are actually from a mid-nineties crown victoria with 245/70r/15 cooper radials, I have the original 16 inch rims with so-so black wall tires, I plan on getting wide whites for it at some point in the future.
This discussion has been closed.