Original images required for new book

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I am (will be!) the publisher of a unique new book on classic cars which will be published in the UK in the autumn. We will be providing specifications of around 2,500 cars with a single picture of each. Its best considered as an 'illustrated guide for older cars'. This is a substantial undertaking so any assistance on Hudson ( my good friend Alex Aldous has one - see www.gladstonecarriages.co.uk) members may be able to provide will be much appreciated.

I am hoping to use original factory PR/brochure shots from the time of original manufacture - these will be printed black and white, 8 to an A4 page at min. 300dpi.

Loads of these are on the MSN site so anyone who has the original scans/files of these - please please e-mail them to me !

If original pictures aren't available colour pictures taken more recently will be great. We are looking to cover all the models produced by the company. The book is for UK publication, 25,000 copies to be produced in the autumn.

I very much hope Forum members can help us and if you would like any further information please feel free to contact me.

Many thanks indeed

Mark Wibberley

Publisher, Cloud Nine Classics

T: +44 (0)1780-767080 pls note UK time is EST + 6 hours

Comments

• Aaron D. IL
    Aaron D. IL Senior Contributor
    Contacting the HET club librarian might help you get copies of the original factory pictures. However I think you need to be an HET member before you can do that. Also you can then place an add for selling your book in the WTN (HET Club publication)
  • markgw wrote:
    I am (will be!) the publisher of a unique new book on classic cars which will be published in the UK in the autumn. We will be providing specifications of around 2,500 cars with a single picture of each. Its best considered as an 'illustrated guide for older cars'. This is a substantial undertaking so any assistance on Hudson ( my good friend Alex Aldous has one - see www.gladstonecarriages.co.uk) members may be able to provide will be much appreciated.

I am hoping to use original factory PR/brochure shots from the time of original manufacture - these will be printed black and white, 8 to an A4 page at min. 300dpi.

Loads of these are on the MSN site so anyone who has the original scans/files of these - please please e-mail them to me !

If original pictures aren't available colour pictures taken more recently will be great. We are looking to cover all the models produced by the company. The book is for UK publication, 25,000 copies to be produced in the autumn.

I very much hope Forum members can help us and if you would like any further information please feel free to contact me.

Many thanks indeed

Mark Wibberley

Publisher, Cloud Nine Classics

T: +44 (0)1780-767080 pls note UK time is EST + 6 hours

Hey,

Hopefully you will include something about Hudson Motors in London and the special English Hudson and Terraplane models produced at the factory on the Great West Rd. in Chiswick. The British Hudsons and Terraplanes differed markedly from their US counterparts - in trim, engine capacity and body styles. I have plenty of copies of English advertisements for the cars and would be happy to e-mail a selection to you.

BEST OF LUCK
This discussion has been closed.