upholstery for 1948

48super6
48super6 Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Does anyone have any sources for a close match to the upholstery on a 48 Super 6? I tried LeBaron Bonney and their 15-66-1 is a close match (although the green stripe really doesen't go with a dark maroon car), but the mohair colors for the doors and seat back seems way off. I heard that SMS has a close match for both the striped and the solid colors, but have not found any reference for any order numbers. If someone knows the numbers or has any other sources of materials they're happy with, please let me know (send pics if you can). SMS suggested cutting some pieces so they could match it, but if I could get the numbers of something that worked for someone else, it would be easier.

By the way, SMS has a new address and phone number:

SMS Auto Fabric

350 South Redwood Street

Canby, Oregon 97013

503 263 3535

Comments

• hdsn49
    hdsn49 Senior Contributor
    I tried SMS last year. They had an exact match for the super 6 seat upholstery, except they only had about 2 yards. You will need about 6 yards to be on the safe side for the seat cushions. They did have a very close match to the commodore fabric with a green stripe. I went with that one. It's not the correct super 6 material but is definately looks like a Hudson material.

For the door panels, back of seat etc. we found a current material that was a very close match. You can check out some pictures at. http://groups.msn.com/HudsonEssexTerraplaneBulletinBoard/edfirestone49hudsonbrougham.msnw
  • Club Coupe
    Club Coupe Expert Adviser
    I used the 15-73 from Lebaron-Bonney. I have a maroon car and it looks real good.
  • 48super6
    Do you recall what fabric you used on the seat back and doors?
  • Club Coupe
    I used the same #15-73 for the seat back and panels. I also used the RV-4 and HV-3 vinyls to trim the seats and panels. This car is a '51 Pacemaker Club Coupe and was originally trimmed with grey and maroon vinyl and the Lebaron-Bonney vinyls were a dead-on match. The car originally had a tan fabric with a maroon 1/4" stripe and a teal narrow stitch-type stripe. I couldn't find this fabric anywhere so I went with the #15-73 and am glad that I did. To me it looks just as good, if not better, than the original.
  • 48super6
    Club Coupe:

Thanks for your reply- do you have any pictures posted?

Hdsn49:

Great looking interior- do you have any numbers of the fabric you ordered and was the seat back fabric also from SMS?
  • Club Coupe
    I do have some interior pictures but I am having a problem attaching and/or posting them here. If you give me your e-mail address I will be glad to send them to you.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    I don't know if you realize it, but you can start your own Hudson photo album at our photo album website http://groups.msn.com/HudsonEssexTerraplaneBulletinBoard/_whatsnew.msnw and upload the photo there. Then cut and paste the photo's URL here.
  • Club Coupe
    Thanks Jon. I knew that but I have had some problems with MSN and don't want to use them any more than I absolutely have to. Seems like that on the previous version of these forums that we could attach. Am I dreaming this up or did it change when the forms changed?
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Sorry you're experiencing troubles at the MSN site. We had some problems several months ago but I thought they'd been worked out. You can e-mail me and describe your problems if you wish, and I can contact the site administrator to see if anything is wrong. HETdetailed@verizon.net (delete HET first). As to the previous capabilities of this Forum, I can't recall.... but I don't recall one's being able to directly upload photos to the Forum. You have always had the ability to post photos here but they must first exist somewhere on the Web, so that you can copy and paste their unique URL here.
This discussion has been closed.