Waterjacket manifold repair

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I pulled the waterjacket manifold off and replaced the rusty/crusty inner wall.

here is a pic

Comments

• hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    edited November 2013
    Grumpy - I don't know of anybody making these plates - but I can send you a 3 page instruction sheet on how to make your own replacement.

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

HEThester_nec@yahoo.com - drop the HET

(hester_nec @yahoo.com)
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    I could be wrong, but I think that hole pattern and the diameters, are incorrect. So you might want to check Alex's instruction sheet before replacing that 'replacement'!

New-Old-Stock ones come up for sale every so often; you might want to send out some postcards to various Hudson vendors who regularly advertise in the WTN. If you could find a used one with a good outer shell, you could replace that inner plate yourself, and have a good one to use.
  • There was enough of the holes left in the piece that I cut out to use as a pattern, Alex's were different, I went with what was in front of me, although that could be why I am still having temperature issues
  • tigermoth
    tigermoth Expert Adviser
    you are in luck, the national is just around the corner. at the madison national there were three NOS '36 water jackets there. if unable to attend, like the other guys said, check the white triangle news. bill albright or ken ammen (sp?) would be a good place to start. good luck. tom
  • terraplane8
    terraplane8 Senior Contributor
    The Railton Club in the UK has stainless steel ones at 110 pounds or about $US200 for the 6 cylinder.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Did you say 110 pounds??? What the heck...does it have 1/2" thick WALLS? LOL!
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    The holes are correct.

Geoff.
  • terraplane8
    edited November 2013
    Grumpy wrote:
    Very interesting... Can you provide more information - Address, phone, contact, link(s), etc., to order these?

See this for details: http://www.motorbase.com/contact/by-id/1469399937
  • terraplane8
    edited November 2013
    Grumpy wrote:
    terraplane8 - Thank you. The links to "spares" within motorbase.com did not work - at least to find the "spares" -

Took a bit of searching, but I actually found the direct listing, under "Spares" in - http://www.railton.org/

The only problem I see is that there is a 'membership' requirement - in order to purchase purchase any parts...

Any chance that the "Railton Owners' Club" would honor (and accept orders) from those who are members of the HET Club?

I don't know you will have to ask them, but I joined up as I was happy to do so anyway. Their annual subscription and spares cost can be paid by Paypal so that saves on money order costs for overseas members.

Their parts aren't cheap compared to US sourced parts but at least they have a reasonable range available if someone is stuck. For example I needed a water pump mount that I couldn't find anywhere and they had a good second hand one that they airfreighted out at a total cost including airfreight of $US63. Expensive yes, but readily available. Their spares are mainly for the '33-'39 years of 6's and 8's, ie the years covering the Railton production period.
This discussion has been closed.