Carpet

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I Put New Carpet In My Step Down That I Bought From Kanter. With All The Trap Doors I Didn't Think I Should Glue The Front Down, But The Carpet Keeps Moving Around And Wrinkling. How Are You Suppose To Hold It In One Place.

Comments

• Try Velcro?
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    I had the same problem on my 49 and used some self drilling trim screws with trim washers on the back edge of the carpet under the front edge of the front seat. They don't show and the carpet doesn't creep up the firewall like it used to.

Good Luck. Dave W. Fl
  • russmaas
    russmaas Senior Contributor
    Try 3M spray adhesive from Lowes, work about 1/2 as good as contact cement. Spray it in a couple of areas , so if you need to get to the tranny it will pull up easy.
  • Club Coupe
    Club Coupe Expert Adviser
    You can also screw it and/or glue it down permanently by cutting out holes to get to the master cylinder and/or transmission inspection plate. If you elect to go this route make sure that you use a sharp blade to cut the carpet so the cut-outs will fit back in place neatly. Use velcro to hold them down.
  • Thank You, I Think I Will Try The Screws And Washer Route. The Carpet Looks Great If I Can Keep It From Moving
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    There is double-sided tape made for the purpose, available at carpet places and I would think, at Home Depot etc.

On second thought, Uncle Joe used to say that 'Gluin' works, if ya use two screws'!
This discussion has been closed.