Hudsons 1st Car Show

hdsn49
hdsn49 Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I took my 49 Hudson brougham to its first car show today. The show was held at a local community college. It was an general antique car show with trophies for 1st, 2nd and 3rd for each class plus best of show. I proud to say that my Hudson won 1st in its class for autos 46 through 54, and "best of show". There were about 80-90 cars there. I guess my 28 years of restoration are going to pay off afterall.

I will have the car at the Eastern regional next week and I plan on showing it at as many general car shows as possible.

Comments

• Congrats!!! We need to keep the Hudsons front row and center.
  • rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    Sweet! Do you have any pictures to show us?
  • I look forward to seeing at the Eastern Regionals next week. I will say hello.

Congrats!
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    This is great news! Congratulations! Getting our Hudsons 'out and about' is such a good idea; the public needs to know that the term 'antique car' applies to more than just Model A's and '57 Chevys!
  • congrats from so cal, great job and a fine accompishment, BILL ALBRIGHT
  • Had my 46 convertible at a car show with 280 other vehicles. Only awards given were cruisers choice. I won one of twenty given out. Not too bad. Also had cruzen magazine take photos of vehicle may or may not be in magazine.

Along with that, I had my vehicle in two parades and won best old car in one of the parades. I think we all need to get our Hudsons out into the public. People love them.
  • hdsn49
    hdsn49 Senior Contributor
    I took the car to a cruise night at the local McDonalds tonight. The Hudson got a lot af attention and won another 1st place trophy. I know that our club does not believe in competition, and I don't believe that our Hudsons should compete against each other. But it does feel good for a Hudson to win a prize against all of those brand X's
  • Huddy42
    Huddy42 Senior Contributor
    I attended a car show weekend just gone in our 1946 Hudson Commodore Coupe and bought home a trophy for best vintage at the show. In Australia our Hudson's quite often take out trophies for different catagories.

I have a 1942 Hudson Two Door Brougham and it always does well at car shows, gets to the stage of being quite embarrassing at times.

We do not compete with in the club, just at all make car shows .
  • hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    to hdsn49 - that's why they have brand-x shows. That way Hudson owners can have the best of both worlds; on the one hand the H-E-T Club with it's non-judging, let's all get together and have fun attitude - on the other brand-x shows so we can go out and win all the trophy's we want!!! LOL
This discussion has been closed.