looking for a wooden wheel hub cap

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
While I'm here posting, I might as well look for this.

I have a 26 Hudson that I'm working on. It used to belong to my grandfather, now I'm the caretaker. It is in working order, but I'm not sure you would call it a "restoration". I got some information today that tells me it might not look like what it did when it came out of the dealer originally. Any way, I'm working on that as I go.

It has wood spoke wheels. There are aluminum hub caps that screw onto the metal rim, and I already know I'm going to destroy one getting it off. Below is a picture of what it looks like. It's for the rear. If anyone has one, or can point me in the direction of someone that does, I would appreciate it.

jc

wood_wheel_hub_cap.jpg

Comments

• Club Coupe
    Club Coupe Expert Adviser
    Check out Vintage Auto Parts at www.vapinc.com click on "One of a Kind" click on "other makes" and go to page 5. NOS caps!
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    If that doesn't work, contact Carl Weber, he is a vendor of older Hudson parts. You'll find him in the H-E-T Roster.
  • ESSX28-1
    ESSX28-1 Senior Contributor
    There is a special spanner for removing these currently on eBay (item 7982299371) .

Dave
  • have several of these good condition at ten bucvks each, bill albright
  • EssexAdv
    EssexAdv Expert Adviser, Member
    HOw about a set of all 4 --NOS? Send me an email and we will discuss
  • Thanks, Lewis. I sent an email this morning.

Looks like you have a 26 similar and / or the same as mine. I'd sure like to chat with you sometime to get some information.

jc
This discussion has been closed.