1937 Hudson in "The Christmas Gift"

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Many of you may already have seen the movie "The Christmas Gift", starring John Denver and Jane Kaczmarek. I had seen part of it several years ago but never knew its title until recently. The movie is typical for that genre in that everything works out well in the end. Of greatest interest to me is the 1937 Hudson, probably a LWB eight cylinder, which serves as the taxi for Bud's Busy Bee Cab Co. The old Hudson is prominent in many scenes, spitting, sputtering, and backfiring, finally quitting altogether in an accompanying cloud of smoke. Don't dismay, however, for everything works out well in the end for the Hudson, the guy and gal, and the town. Since I didn't know the movie's title, I finally tracked it down by typing in "John Denver movie" on eBay. When "The Christmas Story" showed up there, I figured that it had to be the one I was looking for. The movie came out in 1986 originally, but my copy turned out to be one issued by GoodTimes Home Video, probably not as good quality as the original. I believe most Hudson lovers would like the movie if you can find a copy. DK
This discussion has been closed.