hudson engine wanted for surprise street rod

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
new to the forum - i am looking for a good running original or rebuilt hudson engine. prefer one that had an automatic since i would like to convert to a gm 700r4 for the overdrive. if any leads or if you have one for sale - give me an email at hotrodsbyray@yahoo.com. will be away from computer the 1st through 10th but back online after that.

oh yeah - i am gonna try to install it in a 57 chevy pickup! let's just say i like things that are a little different!

Comments

• WOW! Putting a Hudson motor in a Chevy! Now THAT's a switch!
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    This sounds like a really cool project! You might see if you can find a Clifford manifold for 3 side draft Weber carbs, that would look slick! A buddy of mine that had a 70's Corvette had the idea of putting a 308 in a Corvette, I doubt you could make it fit without a lot of cutting, but it sure would have made the Vette crowd drop their jaws!

Dan White
  • On Friday I sold my 2001 Corvette Z06, thus making an empty stall in my garage.

And .... in about 2 weeks my 1954 Hudson Super Wasp Hollywood will be home from it's full restoration and will be sitting where the Vette previously sat, barring any unforseen problems. What a drastic change for the better!!! Can't wait.

This Hudson get's all the thumbs up that anyone could desire, even before restoration.

My 54 Hudson is the only car that I've ever owned that while I was gassing it up that people/strangers have come over to introduce them selves - just to be friendly and talk about the "Hudson".

At one gas station (Sam's) a lady wearing a HUGE smile walked over and asked, " What is a Hollywood?" You know, owning this car might be a clever way to meet women at Sam's (hehe) - I've got to be careful with this car! On the flip-side, the gas station attendant at Sam's knew as much about Hudson's as I do, almost; but, maybe more!!

Soon I hope to post a photo (s) herein of an extraordinary automobile that should, in itself, be able to spark some enthusiasm among those who 1) feel that an automobile can actually be "beautiful", and 2) want to own one of their own very similar to this one, but containing your own collection of "bells and whistles" tastes. In this one I tried to blend as much of the originality as was feasible, plus the addition of a few suttle upgrades so as to make it more modern mechanically. I hope to enjoy it a LOT.

Best to you and your Hudson projects!!

Hudsonly,

John
  • one suggestion is to check on ebay motors; occassionally they have one up for bid.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.