Serpentine belts

SuperDave
SuperDave Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in Street Rods
I wondered if anyone has converted a step down Hudson 6 to serpentine? I did a search of the Forum and only found reference to a supercharger, and it retained the V-belt for the generator/waterpump.

Over the years, I have added a Sanden A/C compressor, then later an alternator, then Power steering pump. it's a real "Cluster" under the hood. Right now, I am driiving the PS pump from the unused A/C groove. I am building up a 308 to replace my 262 and I am going to clean up the mess. Since I am going to re-engineer all my mountings, I thought it would be a great time to simplify the system with a single serpentine . I have a single groove harmonic balancer that the groove was machined off and a double sheave bolted on . I will just unbolt the double sheave that is there and bolt a serpentine puley in it's place. If anyone has been there and done this. I would like to hear of your experiences. In the mean time, I plan on collecting a few pieces from the junk yard and start experimenting.

I guess I'll find out if all serpentines use the same width and groove pattern. ;)

DaveW fl
This discussion has been closed.