1953 Hornet

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Howdy

Tossin' this out for some ideas/input.

I am looking at a 1953 Hornet fordor, 308 w/twin carbs. The back window is broke out from a limb falling thru it. Car has a fair amount of rust, but it's all there, and completely original. I think I can get it for $600. He also has a 1950 Commodore Coupe that some fool has put a '77 eldorado drivetrain in the rear of the car. Body is rough with all the glass knocked out. I can get it for less, if anybody is interested. I am thinking about getting it for a parts car for my '50 Pacemaker. What do ya think???

Billy

Comments

• The 1950 isn't worth much, especially with the condition. However, it's a coupe so that adds...I wouldn't go over $200 for it. If the '53 is complete, down to the air cleaners $600 is a little steep considering the rust issue. $500 would be more like it unless you want to restore/rod? Just a couple of suggestions.
  • Howdy

I gave them a good looking tonite. The '53 is very complete and undisturbed by any hotrodding, but it does have some rust. It has the 308 twin carb motor and a hydramatic trans, and he said that it ran to where its parked. Someone has loosened the headbolts and fuel lines. Other than that its stone stock. The other Coupe has been hot-rodded with that dang Caddy motor in the rear, but he does still have the Hudson rear end and driveshaft and the original steering column, and I think the rest of the parts are scattered around somewhere. I really thing that a grand would buy all the Hudson stuff that he has.

Kickin' it back to the top for more suggestions

Billy
  • Club Coupe
    Club Coupe Expert Adviser
    There must be a reason that the head bolts and fuel lines have been loosened, like maybe a blown head gasket? I agree with Backtohudsons, $500.00 is on the money. Until you get under the '53 you won't really know the extent of the rust. My advise; plan for the worst and pay the least.
  • Howdy

Thanks Pards, and BTT for any other advice. I'm workin' hard on him now

Billy
This discussion has been closed.