Lap belts

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I am close to the point where I will need to weld the bolt bace to the door pillar for a 3 point lap belt. I have looked at Kanter and Julianos, there is about a fifty dollar difference in price between these two companies. Has anyone used either of these belts, how is the quality? Has anyone purchased a set from someone else?

Comments

• Club Coupe
    Club Coupe Expert Adviser
    I used the Juliano's 3 point belts. They are of very good quality and the hardware is first rate as is their customer service. I have not heard anything good or bad about Kanter's belts. I found out about Juliano's on the "My Classic Car" TV show and they recommended them so that was good enough for me.
  • rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    Does anyone have pictures of this 3pt belt in a Stepdown? I'd rather not go sans belts and lap belts only leave a bit to be desired ;)
  • I have seen 3 point belt systems in Hudsons. If you go to http://www.julianos.com/how2.html it will show installation systems in other vehicles. Since you have a sedan the belt system should lay along the pillar.
  • Club Coupe
    Does anyone have pictures of this 3pt belt in a Stepdown? I'd rather not go sans belts and lap belts only leave a bit to be desired ;)

I think that you would be very happy with the way that the Juliano's 3 point set up looks and works. I am pleased with mine and the belts themselves seem to be of the same width and thickness as late model OEM. I would prefer that the buckles were stainless or chrome, but that's just a personal opinon. There is nothing wrong with the plastic, color-keyed buckles but I thought the brite buckles would look more authentic (if there is such a thing with having seat belts in a 50+ year old car). The pillar mounting set up does not detract from the interior or look out of place to me. Also, Juliano's will send color samples of pieces of the actual belt, and then you can judge the quality along with the color.
  • From the website, Juliano's shows 3 point sets for various cars, but not for a Hudson. Which one did you pick? I have 4-door 1949 Commodore 8. Which one would you recommend?

lee dunn
  • Club Coupe
    I checked the information that Juliano's sent to me and there are apparently 2 styles of 3 point sets. There is a stiff arm type for bucket seats and a soft arm type for bench seats. I used the soft arm style. I think that these are "fit-all" sets, not made for any specific model. If you call Juliano's they will answer any questions and can send color swatches.
This discussion has been closed.