u-joint 34 terraplane

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
hello all,can anyone tell me if there are replacement joints available for my drive shaft?The front joint has play in it .The play is up and down movement not side to side and i am chasing some vibration at speed.Thanks any help is nice.

Comments

• PAULARGETYPE
    PAULARGETYPE Senior Contributor
    chuck wrote:
    hello all,can anyone tell me if there are replacement joints available for my drive shaft?The front joint has play in it .The play is up and down movement not side to side and i am chasing some vibration at speed.Thanks any help is nice.

ALL THE UJOINTS ARE

THE SAME 36 TO 54 HUDSON THERE THE SAME A AS A 55 TO 72 CHEVY #386451

THE PRE 36'S HUDSON ARE

THE SAME AS A 58 TO 62 VOLVO OR A 57 TO 67 TRIUMPH TR2.3.4 NEAPCO #2805X
  • THE CHEVY PART NUMBER IS 396 AT MOST PARTS STORES, NOW pAUL
  • Try Ford Falcon
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    If there is no radial play in the joint you should be able to inserts shim washers between the circlips and the caps to eliminate end play. It would appear that the joints fitted are wrong. Eliminate the end play and you should also eliminate the vibration, but you may have to get the drive shaft balanced. A common source of vibration is the joints not being aligned properly - the yokes should be in the same plane front and rear. Sometimes the shaft is slid out of the spline, and not put back in the same position - just a suggestion.

Geoff.
  • hello all,I removed the shaft today and the 396 gm joint is to big.The original joint has the word spicer k2-6-28 patent re-18080 on it.I will order the volvo/triumph joints to see if they fit.The volvo/triumph number crosses to a 369 number could this be the gm number? thanks for all the help.I will let you know how i make out.
  • hello all,I got the neapco #2805x joints and they fit great.Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.