212ci engine (or block) needed in NJ

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I have a 212ci block which rusted out from a coolant port to the the exhaust last weekend. :( Nope, can't be fixed. Long story short - I want to stay original and need a 212 (block) engine. I've located one out west but I'm sure the freight cost will be expensive so I'm trying to find one closer. If I had a choice I would find one with the double barrel carb. Does anyone have an engine (or just a block) or know of one somewhere close to NJ. I'm aslo going to Macungie Pa next month which may help with logistics.

Comments

• I am not very close but I have a complete 212 engine and trans. the engine was in a 47 super six I bought and didn't need the engine. The intake manifold gasket is bad but we did start the engine with a shot of gas to the carb. I am not close but could package it for shipping. $150.00 for the engine and you pay packing and freight? check out the pic.s here: http://groups.msn.com/HudsonEssexTerraplaneBulletinBoard/hudsonspeedparts.msnw?Page=1
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    What car did you need it for? I may know where there is a 212 splasher with the 'down under' distributor if you need it for the terraplane.
  • What car did you need it for? I may know where there is a 212 splasher with the 'down under' distributor if you need it for the terraplane.

Josh I have three 1937 terraplanes, this engine is going to be for my two door model 71 coupe. I'm in the middle of a frame off resto. Any help is appreciated!!

Henry Barbera
  • harcoequip wrote:
    I am not very close but I have a complete 212 engine and trans. the engine was in a 47 super six I bought and didn't need the engine. The intake manifold gasket is bad but we did start the engine with a shot of gas to the carb. I am not close but could package it for shipping. $150.00 for the engine and you pay packing and freight? check out the pic.s here: http://groups.msn.com/HudsonEssexTerraplaneBulletinBoard/hudsonspeedparts.msnw?Page=1

Harco - thanks for the offer - much appreciation your way .. I may / may-not - take you up on the offer. Lets see what shakes out in the next few days. We'll all see what the 212 inventory looks like in the Northeast.
  • I have a block for a Model 71 2 door 37' Terraplane. E-mail me and we can discuss. I'm in Wisconsin.

Gregg
This discussion has been closed.