54 Hornet Ebay - Good Looking Project w/extras

rambos_ride
rambos_ride Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in HUDSON
She looks like a pretty nice restoration machine - I hope someone picks it up just for that!

54 Hudson Hornet ebay

Comments

• Nice looking car!
  • I just talked with the owner. This car was kept in a garage in Nebraska for many years. The current owner bought the car as an investment. The car runs and drives on the highway albeit the brakes are weak and one or more of the wheel cylinders need attention. The car has overdrive. Rust is minimal per the owner's evaluation to me. BTW owner is a mechanic at a GM dealership. His car knowledge allowed me to ask questions about the mechanical and service condition of the car. The Hornet's interior is in good shape as is the head liner. Like all cars this age coming out of storage ... it is not pristine...BUT is a solid running car that will make a nice Hudson driver for the right money.

This car is somewhat of a ghost to in my past. I lived in NE throughout the 70s. During that time I bought and restored a 22K mile 54 Hornet sedan. On several occasions residents of the town I lived in told me of another Dark Green (my car was Palm Beach light green) 1954 Hornet in town. I could never get to bottom of these sightings. The new owner filled me in on the fact it was stored a few blocks away from my garaged 54!

Good Luck to the bidders.
  • rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    Man - I love the stories about the history on these cars (Hudsons)!

Not having had a car older than a 1968 prior to buying my 1949 Hudson (don't know what took me so long ;)) is it unique to Hudson brand to have so many people around that can recall stories about certain cars?
  • hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    Rambo,

Not at all unique to Hudsons to have people recall them - there just ain't that many around. When you have a company that only built a little over 3 million total, Hudson, Essex and Terraplanes, over a 45 year period it's only natural somebody will remember a car they saw 10, 20, 30 years ago.

Also, in the HET club cars tend to go around in circles. I know of several that were sold out years ago to a club member, sold to another club member, and finally came around to the original owner buying it back.

Hudsonly,

Alex B
  • Aaron D. IL
    Aaron D. IL Senior Contributor
    Alex is right, they produced under 4 million cars over almost 50 year they were in business and for comparison the auto industry dumped 17 million cars on the road last year alone.....funny how they managed to employ more people then too despite making less cars. The longer I'm at this the more I like and appreciate the o9lder eras of cars (pre-muscle car). But I also think you'd remember seeing a Hudson regardless. They have a mystique about them I can't describe.

When you're workin on em though you may have some less flattering descriptive words. LOL
This discussion has been closed.