\'53 super jet wiring problem PLEASE HELP!

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I have a 1953 hudson super jet and i'am just finishing rewiring it. the problem i'am having is i don't know were one wire goes. the wire is in the engine compartment and is on top of the stering colum on a round plate. Its the the one on the very bottom of this round plate. and it's the only one that plugs straight into the connection on the round plate(Straight wire straight connection). Then the wire goes through the fire wall and into the interior and under the dash. I have no idea were it hooks up toat this point.The wire is yellow,orange or red with black (it's the original wiring but the color is very faded.)The wire does not appear on the wiring diagram please help!

Comments

• The only yellow/black wire is the supply for the stop light switch, connects to the auxilary circuit breaker.there is another possibility, if you have the wiring diagram, it couldbe the utility connection, for plugging in a trouble lamp, circuit # 36. Just a guess. My Jet is r.h.d., so can't really go and have a look, it's all different. Good luck.
    Geoff.
  • That one is is fine, If you follow that wire out into the engine compartment that one splits into two. one wire screws into the piece I'am talking about. Then the second wire plugs straight into the connection, It's the one right below that one. It's the same kind of connector that plugs straight in. Also sorry I got the color wrong it's black with yellow.
  • Nevada Hudson
    Nevada Hudson Senior Contributor
    Is there anyone who makes a wiring harness for Jets? I checked xyz and others,and the orange blossom chapter website no luck.Been a long long time since the last Jetsetter was out !
  • Rhode Island Wiring make harnesses for Jets. 1-800-241-1955 to order. 401-789-1955 for information. http://www.brainiac.com/riwire

I have used their wiring on my '54 Super Jet and my cousin is installing a set on his '54 Jet Liner this summer.

Laurie Schulte
  • The hudsonclub.org news letter has people that make wiring harness but there's a few problems that your going to run into. 1: there is a diffrence between the Jet and the Super Jet/ Jet Liner, The Super Jet/ Jet Liner has reverse lights the Jet doesn't, My opinion it's allways good to have the extra wiring so you have the option to add later if you want to. So make sure that the wiring harness comes with those wires. 2:If you have a good head liner it's very difficult to run the wires for the tail lights and almost imposible to wire the dome light with the head liner installed.3: Run some speaker wire up along the tail light wires so you can add rear speakers if you want to you can allways hide them. Good luck with your Jet.
  • Nevada Hudson
    Nevada Hudson Senior Contributor
    Thanks for the information.I checked out Rhode Island wiring, and their prices are 1/3 less than XYZ. Yes, its for a 54 Jetliner and I would need wiring for the back-up lights also.
This discussion has been closed.