Stepdown Wiring Schematic

hudsonguy
hudsonguy Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I'm in the process of re-wiring my '49 Super Six, and was wondering if anyone could point me toward a source for a more inclusive schematic than what is in the 'Hudson Mechanical Procedure Manual'? The main things I'm having trouble with, that don't appear in this factory diagram are the options; namely turn signals, heater, etc.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Doug

Comments

• Park_W
    Park_W Senior Contributor
    If you know anyone who's gotten a main wiring harness from Rhode Island Wiring (or, likely, one of the other bigger suppliers), see if you can borrow the diagram they supply. It's got a bit more detail. Also, if you can find a single-year service manual, it has a very good diagram and layout sketch of the turn signal installation. I have both these sources ... e-mail me with any specific questions and I'll try to answer them (but I'll be out of touch from 5/1 thru 5/22).
  • Even with the wiring diagram from Y n Z's and maybe Rhode Island you will find the heater is not shown in the wiring diagrams. Wire it to the ignition switch. (Same side that the gauges come off of). I also have the signal wiring diagram that came with the new harness. I could scan it and e-mail it to you if you email me at hudrjahde@email.com Remove the hud at the
    begining for the correct e-mail address.

Russ
This discussion has been closed.