Value of a 308 engine?

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I have a question and need everyones 2 cents worth. We have been kicking the idea around about selling Dads 308. We are probably going to either sell outright or Ebay it. Heres my question what do you guys think a "fair" price would be to just sell outright without all the Ebay nonsense. Its a good running 308 engine my dad has had for some 30 years. It was rebuilt by Ben Blackburn a couple of years before he died, but only has a couple of 1000 miles on it since it was rebuilt. For those not familiar Ben "B.B." Blackburn was Tim Flocks NASCAR crew cheif back in the early 50s. The engine will be on a stand with a radiator etc. so it can be run by any interested buyers. It is complete with Twin H setup including the air cleaners and also comes with a hydromatic trans., driveshaft, later model spicer rear, and radiator for a complete drivetrain. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• There was a complete 308 with Hydramatic sold on EBay not too long ago for $2400. The question in mind was whether it was a true auction or not. Value has to be based on shipping as well. I bought a complete 308 and Hydramatic without the intake, carbs and aircleaners for $100 in New York and had it shipped to Reno. The shipping was another $500 though. Engine was a runner with unknown mileage. So, I guess what I'm getting at is the range is pretty good and will depend on shipping and/or pick up at your site.
  • TOM-WA-
    TOM-WA- Senior Contributor
    Where abouts are you located..The cost of shipping is a Major consideration for anyone considering a purchase
  • The engine is in Northeast Georgia.I'll keep everyone updated we are working on the engine stand to allow the engine to be run and make sure everthing is still top notch.
This discussion has been closed.