48 Commodore on ebay

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Nice 48 on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6472&item=4561772164&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

If you follow the seller's link to additional pictures there is an underhood shot, not being too familiar with the intricacies of these vehicles I have a question: what is that vacuum canister thing with the linkage? Is that a brake booster or some kind of semi-auto vacuum-shift gizmo I've heard about?

Comments

• that's the Drivemaster / Vacumaster transmission set up. Turn a knob on the dash and you can shift without the clutch. Nice car but too bad cut holes in the interior for front and rear speakers. Looks like car also has a rear window wiper added, later steering wheel, A/C, electric cooling fan, back up lights, etc. Not completely original car but nice.
  • Nice car, probably won't get the 24K asking price though. Battery fillers appear quite regularly on EBay. They usually are quite reasonable. It looks like the A/C was installed well, I would "live" with it quite easily. :D
  • rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    It really looks like a nice car with most if not all options for the year installed - including the rear blinds! (sic :)) 24k is decidedly top dollar - but it does have a lot of NOS still like the seats with the tags still on them.

I'd want to see more pictures of whats under the car before letting go of that kind of cash though - the paint - although, looking pretty good in the pics would be my most suspect part of the car. I see poor detailing in the jambs and quite a bit of visible mil thickness around where the windows were masked off.

Still - a nice start!

Hey All - In one of the extended pics of this car it looks to me like there is 2 turn signal indicators located on the drivers dash side - my 49 only has 1 - is 2 there an option or is it another type of light?

fp_48dash.jpg
  • EssexAdv
    EssexAdv Expert Adviser, Member
    The second "turn signal indicator" is for teh fog lamps...and it is correct
This discussion has been closed.