Windshields

super651
super651 Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Is there a good quality front replacement windshield for the 1951 Hornet?

With green-tint that fit as do the factory types?

Thanks to all. Hudsonly.

Comments

• Check my website for glass ....

Good Luck
  • Also check on Ebay. There is a guy in Oregon that has windshields, plain and tinted for $370, for both sides. I've emailed a few people that have bought and installed these, and they all said it fit like a glove. If anybody that reads this Forum has installed one of his windshields, please tell us your thoughts.
  • super51 ,Are you putting your 51 back to total stock origional or are you modifying it? Here's a thought: check to see if tinted windshields were an option in 51. My gut feeling is that wasn't an option until 52 or so but I'm not totaly certain. Anyway if going for stock is not the goal then it really dosen't matter.
  • The other side of the coin was that even if the windshields were not tinted, if the original owner changed them out when the car was relatively new, tinted was available. There are three types: non-tinted, tinted and shaded. All were in use by 1952.
  • tHE WINDSHIELDS FROM bOBS gLASS IN OREGON ARE GREAT. THEY ARE STOCKED RIGHT HERE IN ONTARIO, CAL, I BUY 6 SETS AT A TIME AND STOCK THEM HERE AT VINTAGE COACH. THEY COME CLEAR AND WITH TOP GREEN SHADE AND LIGHT TINT. WE SELL THEM AND INSTALL THEM HERE. BILL ALBRIGHTS VINTAGE COACH, FONTANA, CA
  • super651
    super651 Senior Contributor
    Thanks for all the help on Step-down windshields.

Hudsonly.
  • Got to the top of this page and click on the swapmeet tab, I don't know why but under chassis parts there was an ad for a fellow that had 4 or 5 sets for sale. Check it out...

BJ--TN
  • Category Parts Ads - Chassis Parts

Title Windshields

Created 06/20/05

Days left until expiration 63

Item(s) For Sale 16

Condition Excellent

Description Windshields from Pittsburg Glass Company for the following cars:

1948-51 Hudson

48-51 Hudson

48-51 Hudson

Chevrolet-convertable

1949 Olds convertable

1949 Olds convertable

50-51 Buick

50-51 Buick

kaiser-frazier

kaiser-frazier

48-51 Hudson

EXCELLENT CONDITION for more details please ask!

Asking Price $300 per pair +shipping

Contact Info renaehoglen@yahoo.com
This discussion has been closed.