308 Hudson Engine

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in Street Rods
FOR SALE:

308 HUDSON ENGINE fairly complete, missing generator/the engine has the TWIN H DUAL CARB set-up I am asking $2000.00 for the engine, I will listen to all reasonable offers/the engine does not run and does not turn. I will separate the TWIN H carb set-up from the engine and part the rest of the engine out if it does not sell complete.

Comments

• What part of the country are you in?
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    he's in Arkansas
  • bent metal
    bent metal Senior Contributor
    The writting on the air cleaner looks original. Was the "twin-H" always that high up on the top??? I'm use to seeing it more toward the front??:confused:
  • bigboy308
    bigboy308 Expert Adviser
    Air cleaners are not same--check necks. I believe that the front cleaner is an early Twin-H, rear is off a 1955-on Twin-H. Please correct if I'm wrong. THANX!!
  • bent metal
    bent metal Senior Contributor
    Yeah the air cleaners are different, I was refering to the placement of the "Twin-H-Power" decal on the front one. It's original I'm sure, just a little higher up then I'm use to seeing them. No big deal, I was just curious.
  • MikeWA
    MikeWA Senior Contributor
    I don't recall having seen Billjharris on here, and I've been on the board for several years. Maybe a call-out to Superdave would help, as he still posts here, and apparently knew him.
  • russmaas
    russmaas Senior Contributor
    About $1500 too high
  • I agree with Russ - after all it is "Stuck" so no hope of it running as is,
    Roger
  • DocHornet
    DocHornet Expert Adviser
    A lot of people don't realize that "un-sticking" a stuck engine can be a gamble at best. I recently bought a couple of Cadillac flathead engines, one wouldn't turnover. After pulling the heads off, I found one piston half full of water.. literally had to pound that piston out of the cylinder. Sleeving would be the only way to bring life to that engine, but at what cost.

A stuck engine is almost certainly going to need new pistons along with everything else. If it's missing some of the auxiliary components (starter, generator, etc).. then really all you're buying is a block that may be worth nothing.

My guess is a REBUILT twin H engine wouldn't sell quickly for much more than 3 grand, so two thousand for a question mark is off the scale in my opinion.
  • hoggyrubber
    hoggyrubber Expert Adviser
    don't mean to talk out of turn or speak of something i really don't know, as i don't know MR Harris. i have noticed him more recently on the HAMB board. the reason i noticed is because he is just over the line in arkansas, and i always notice hudson folks close to me. i bet the twin h is long gone, however like i said, i don't really know. i did notice a post on the HAMB asking for hudson parts and another saying he was selling the stepdown with a rod style paint job. seem like i remember it mentioning health reasons, again i could be wrong.
    if you want to search the HAMB you can send him a email it may be more up to date than here. i think his handle on there was just billharris with no j. i will see if i can find it on there. i did post on his thread asking about parts.
  • hoggyrubber
    hoggyrubber Expert Adviser
    edited November 2012
    i looked back on the HAMB and he was on there today, last on classic car on 2011. most of his posts on Hamb are in for sale section. i will try to post a link you should be able to email hin from there.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=655783
    this listing has his phone number so you could cal him and ask about the twin h, hope he still has it and you get it.
This discussion has been closed.