Transmission Mount

TOM-WA-
TOM-WA- Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Can someone tell me if NAPA or someone carrys the rear Transmission Mount(Motor mount) for a standard 3 speed tranny with OD for a 54 Wasp?

If so do you have a part number??

thanks

Comments

• Noboldy Has Them But K Gap
  • TOM-WA-
    NAPA has replacement Front Motor Mounts...Less than $15 each
  • Aaron D. IL
    Aaron D. IL Senior Contributor
    certain year AMC motor mounts work fine on step-down 6's too but they're square rather than round. K-gap has correct ones
  • TOM-WA-
    i have THE REPLACEMENT NUMBERS FOR THE front motor mounts...WHAT i AM LOOKING FOR is the rear Transmission Mount...I know about K gap and also they are available from Kantner, but they are a bit pricy compared to NAPA if I can find the rear mount there
  • Tom:

I know you want to find the exact part number for a rear transmission mount... I do not have one... BUT... when searching for a transmission mount for a T-86 transmission... the same used in your WASP, lots of Fords, Jeeps and other cars I came up with what looks EXACTLY like the rear transmission mount I just changed in my 53 Wasp... same mount as your car.

http://www.4wd.com/shop/productdetail.asp?c=7&model=vintage&subcat=T86&division=3&category=255&productsku=939995

Mount pictures from that site... note rubber (item 25) is first picture and Poly is second picture. Both reasonably priced and maybe the elusive rear mount.

71604BLwSSOL.gif716041601.jpg

As with all MAYBEs, buyer takes the risk... but It looks very close to me... call them and ask if they know if it works on all T86s... my suspicion is yes.

Cheers
This discussion has been closed.