OK - So it's not a Hudson...

rambos_ride
rambos_ride Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Hi All,

I finally have the CJ-5 I was talking about ready for sale. It goes in the AutoTrader tomorrow. I know it's not a Hudson - but money I get from selling it will go into the 49! ;)

If you know anyone into nice 4x4's or CJ's - please let them know.

I have a web page with detailed descriptions and over 100 hi-res digital pictures of the CJ so anyone can see the work I do and the quality of the JEEP.

GOTO 49C8.com and click on the "For Sale" sign!

I'm also planning on posting to the amc discussion as well.

MainZZ_1sm.jpg

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    It's related! American Motors was a company formed from Hudson and Nash Kelvinator which aquired Jeep Then Chrysler came along .....Has anyone noticed the Chrysler styling lately? I see a faint Hudson influence.

Dave W. Fl
  • hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    Right on about the Hudson influence, however faint it may be. One of their offerings with the egg crate grille looks like the result of a wild night between a step-down and a 55 Chrysler 300. LOL

Hudsonly,

Alex B
  • I was told by a HET'er who was recieving the Chrysler marketing magazine, you know - that paraphenalia that companies send you after you've bought one of their products, that the unveiling picture of the Dodge Magnum had it sitting side by side with a 4 door Hornet on a racetrack. I also believe they have had some more publicity shots with Hudsons and showcasing their lineage and successes in racing.

If you catch the side profile of a Magnum - you can actually see the family genetics.

Somebody at Chrysler-Daimler is a Hudson fan. The same can be said of Pixar, as they have been showcasing Hudson cars as well. "The Polar Express" had several and the new feature "Cars" has a Hornet as a main character. I have got to see "Cars" as the Hornet, voiced by Paul Newman, is the sage advisor for a modern NASCAR.

Mark
  • Unknown
    edited November 2013
    Grumpy wrote:
    No kidding! The "Gladiator" is one of their better designs, although I believe it will be WAY underpowered... (4 Cyl engine) -
    gladiator_news_main.jpg

A 4 Cyl Turbo Diesel, pushing 165 HP, mated to a six speed transmission, should move it fairly well.

But the real toy would be the Jeep Hurricane: Two 5.7 Hemi engines (one in front the other in the back) in a two seater carbon fiber body with dual mode four wheel steering.
  • rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    That Hurricane can actually turn 360 degress on its own axis with the computer controlled 4 way steering!
This discussion has been closed.