Wide block norrow head engine, Runs great

Richie
Richie Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Here is a little update on my project. I believe it turns out that from all the info I rec'd from the experts on this forum I have a 1954 262 wide block engine with a narrow head. Seems that it was drilled at the factory to accept the narrow head as all the water passages line up. It has not been bored but has the pinned rings in it. Actually pretty clean inside. I put it back together today and took it out for a test drive of an hour. It runs like a top. The temp needle goes up to the middle of the gauge just like before. I decided to see what the actual temp was so I took my wifes meat thermometer and put it in the radiator. The temp needle on the gauge was now just past the middle from sitting idleing and the actual radiator temp was 178. I took my own temp to see how close it was to being accurate and it got me at 98.6 and 98.7 so it is pretty accurate. Either the gauge or the sending unit must be off. Anyway it is back on the road running great. I'm back to being a happy camper again. Richie.
This discussion has been closed.