what kind of gas?

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I'm getting ready to put my '26 back on the road. But, I've been wondering if I need to do something other than put some Stabil in the fuel in order to not cause problems.

What does everyone use in the older Super Six engines? Premium, mid or regular, and do you need to use an additive other than something to keep the fuel fresh?

Comments

• I use reguar in my 33 Terp. 8 and my model T and in all the cars I have had over the years, also in the 1920 Essex I am currently working on.
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    Also, Don't worry about the "No Lead" content. There wasn't any lead in the gasoline in the twenties either!

Have some fun,

Dave W. Fl
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    You ae looking at something around 5.5:1 compression ratio - you need the lowest octane fuel you can buy. And as stated, these cars were made before there was any lead in the fuel. You don't really need any additive in the tank, but do keep it right full, as this stops the aromatics from evaporating. If you have a half-empty tank, the these aromatics can escape into the air above the fuel, leaving the heavier compounds behind, and the fuel can go bad.

Geoff.
This discussion has been closed.