42 Woody; Great Article in Hemmings Classic Car Magazine

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
latest issue of Hemmings "Classic Car" Magazine (not the regular Hemmings) has a great article on a very rare 42 Hudson Woody Wagon. What a beauty....one of 4 known to exist. Bill Albright is quoted on the production numbers etc. If you like woodies, check it out.

Comments

• Park_W
    Park_W Senior Contributor
    And talk about small detail ... did you notice the Hudson logo'd fan belt? Geez, and I thought I was persnickety! Still can't believe Jim Fritts sold both this car and the Nash woody ... what a pair.
  • Yes sure is a very beautiful 42 Hudson. I was really surprised by the fact it had

turnsignals on the each front fender but only one visable light on the drivers side

in the back. I actually have a 42 Deluxe six two door sedan in the same color that

is quietly awaiting restoration hidden away in a barn. I just hope mine looks 1/2 that

good when finished.

One thing does confound me and that is the issue of the production number being

quoted at 42,000. When I contacted Clinton Webb about listing mine in the 42 Hudson

club registry I thought that under 5800 Hudsons had been built in 1942.

Does anybody actually know how many were built in 1942 and is there any record of

which serial numbers for each series were assembled in the months of production of

1942 Hudsons?

My reason for asking this is that I would really like to know if mine was built before

December 7th 1941 or after.

thanks,

PaceRacer50
This discussion has been closed.