Yikes

Comments

• I'm just glad Hudsons aren't popular with the street rodder crowd...yet.
  • Some of it I like, some of it I don't. I find the wheel well openings interesting to say the least. In my opinion, some of the components just don't mesh well with each other, such as the A/C vents in the dash where most of it is rectangles the vents are these goofy chrome round things sticking out. It could have been done better.

The flattening of the grill leaves me cold but I do like that they retained the louvered openings at the side. Otherwise one could probably not identify the original car. The top chop is a bit extreme as well.

$35K in body work? Wouldn't surprise me any with all the modifications. I don't see $25K in paintwork though. Oh well, what some people do with their money... :eek:
  • avoid the boyd!
  • rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    "K" ustomizing should be left to the professionals!

Here's a perfect example of a modified, un-driveable and un-useable hunk of iron! Can you imagine trying to change lanes in that car in traffic or actually park it anywhere but on a trailer?

I much prefer the stock one pictured right next to it! Now that's a driving car!

But the bidding is already at 38k+ so I guess money doesn't actually beget intelligence! ;)
  • Club Coupe
    Club Coupe Expert Adviser
    Well just call me dumb. I saw that car on E-bay earlier, glanced at the first picture, didn't read anything other than Hudson Terraplane and thought that it was a funny car dragster. Now I look at it here and here and realize that I need to read more and look at pictures less. Longview Texas? Well then this car has got to be from a ZZ Top video, sans girls. One thing for sure, it would be a job changing a rear tire. Gadzooks!
  • wow... someone just wrote a how to manual on how to ruin a 37 hudson....

so many things did not come together on this one....

what a shame...
  • Call me crazy... I like it. Of course I have done a little bit of metal work in the past, and I can appreciate the tremendous amount of work that went into this vehicle. Naturally, this, like the previous posts here, is just an opinion. I'm sure I'm in the minority, but that's ok too.
  • Call me crazy too, but I LOVE that car. I noticed he had "air ride" on the front, which explains the low stance. Good thing, otherwise a speedbump would look like The Great Wall of China. Admit it, we all like the attention our cars get, and THAT car DEMANDS attention. If I were a vendor at a car show.....ANY CAR SHOW, I'd want my booth located as close to that car as possible, 'cause that's where all the traffic is gonna be.Approve or dissaprove, that car will be the Centerpiece wherever it goes. My guess would be the car sells for around $60,000, but wouldn't be too surprised if it hits $75,000-$85,000. For a few dollars more, you'll get waaaay more attention than any Hummer!
  • springspeeddemon, welcome to the forum. As you can see, we have a wide variety of opinions and the restored/modified argument will go on forever.

I don't LOVE the car but do like a lot of things about it. But, (K)ustoms are all about the style and design of the person building (or paying for) the car. I think there are some syling cues that really flow well with the original body lines.

Maybe some of what I like goes to Hudsons in the first place. The Chevy 350/350 just leaves me 'blah'. ANYBODY can put a Chevy in a hot rod, let's see something different.

Even like a Ford or Dodge modern engine...how about an early Hemi? How about some of the real neat new stuff like the Ford modular motors? Jag V12?

"Dare to be different" was a mantra for a while, it just seems to have reverted to just the bodies being used now. wkitchens, I agree with you about the car in general though. A Hudson is a Hudson no matter what form.
This discussion has been closed.