Front bumper height

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I need to make sure my frontend sits at the right height. After changing motor and transmission to brand X, it seems to be sitting a little high. I guess one way to find out would be to ask 3 or 4 of you that have an original '48 Super Six to measure from the ground, to the "BOTTOM" of the bumper bolts on the right or left side of the front bumper. You can post your findings, or you can e-mail me wkitchen@midsouth.rr.com I'm not sure if '48 through '54 all have the same measurement, but I'm sure they can't be too far off, if they are still running the original tire size. Right now, mine is 17in. Thanks!

Comments

• Wes: Just got back froom my son's wedding and checkout the forum to find your question...still havn't pulled my engine/trans but have pulled the bumpers...the heigth to the forward frame (bumper mount, mounting points) is aprox. 14.5 inches. The folks at Fat Man's Fabrications said that the proposed 350/TH700R4 combo would probably be lighter than the standard Hudson engine/transmission combo. Hope this helps...Ed A.
  • My 49 Commadore 6 measures 15 3/4 with 710-15 tires but the front seat is out so may be a little high.
    The 52 Hornet measures 16 with 760-15 tires carrying a 254 Hudson eight.
This discussion has been closed.