Hudson--Back on the track

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Dropped the engine back into the '41 coupe this week. Just need to put the Webers & manifold on and exhaust headers and will be ready to start it tomorrow and hopefully if every thing is okay, we will be back on the 1/8 mile track this weekend after a 3 year absence.

Randy

Comments

• Randy,

I would really like to see you guys run sometime. Could you e-mail me directions to the track that you frequent?

Keep us posted on the coupe and how things go.

Mark Hudson
  • So... How did it go???
  • well, better yet

Tell us how your coupe is doing?
  • russmaas
    russmaas Senior Contributor
    Races got rained out last Sunday, so he will try it again on Sunday the 21st
  • The sun is shinning--the 41 is loaded--goin rac'in finally after 3 years. Will let you know how it runs tonite.

Randy
  • Well Good News & Bad News. The Good News is that the Hudson ran consistant and got down to the final 4 cars. Went out that round (round 5), however, I did win $150.00 in the pro-nobox bracket semifinals. The other good news is number 2 son Steve who runs our 67 camero won the Superpro box bracket. His check was a little better than mine ($1200.00) We will be leaving tues for Indy for the Mac Tools National event. Steve will be running the 67 in Super Gas which is a 9:90 index. Wednesday will be Time trials and first elimination will be thurs for Super Gas. You can go on the nhra.com--they post the results as soon as they can if you're interested. Now the bad news. The hudson ran consistant but went only 8:85-8:87. Really disappointing since it ran low 7:80's three years ago. I did change torque convertors & will put the old one back in. Thats about the only major change I made.

Randy
  • Randy

Thanks for providing the update. Good Luck at INDY and hope the change of TC is the ticket to the 7's again.

Will be checking NHRA.com for the results.

Keeping the Hudson racing name alive is cool!
  • TwinH
    TwinH Senior Contributor
    Randy, I feel your pain but semi's for a shakedown run otta make it a little better

and Steve winning box should ice the cake. Good luck at Indy, but if ONE more person

tells me that their going....AAAaaarrgghhh!(feel my pain).

My #2 son James is in his last season of jr.dragster(Division 2 Champ)

and wanting to move up,any advice???
  • super651
    super651 Senior Contributor
    Randy, glad to hear that you and the HUDSON are back on track.

Hudsonly Rudy.
  • Randy,

Good luck at Indy. My best friend and I run there and that track is the hardest

to read we ever run at. We run a 69 SCJ Mustang in superpro there.

The wind there can be very bad, going from cross wind to head wind on your

pass.

BE CAREFUL once you clear the bleachers- the cross wind has caused several

cars to loose control & flip there. Last year I watched three very nice superpro

cars do that at one race.

Sun and clouds there can cause the track to shift, making your car drop .05

per run one way or the other. We were in 4th in points there and dropped to

8th after the last race. It can bite you hard.

It is a very DIFICULT track to get a handle on. Hopefully the track prep for

the nationals will help correct some of this.

My advice is make all the pratice runs you can.

Good Luck

Ralph
  • good luck and kep on running bill albright
This discussion has been closed.