Canadian Hudson Meet

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Folks,

we are holding a Hudson meet in Alberta Canada on September 10. We haven't had a lot of meets up here and some of us have gotten together to organize a yearly meet to get the Hudson community in Canada out and together showing our cars. For more info come on over to www.hudsonmotorcar.org for more info.

I think it will be a good day as for part of the day we will have a Hudson caravan heading down the road to the harvest fair for a showing. Everyone is welcome.

Thanks

Comments

• Well we had our meet. It rained so much I was busy building the Ark as the contingency plan. We started at 9:00am and for 2 hrs we stood looking out at the downpour. Then at 11:00am we heard the sound of a car coming down the driveway and out of the mist came a beautiful blue 1937 Terraplane with a 53 Hornet behind it. Then came another 53 Hornet and a 52 Hornet and we soon had hudson people talking Hoods open. As a sign the rain stopped. We took the cars down the road to the Harvest fair this was the best for me. Nothing beats a caravan of Hudsons on the road. We walked around watched the tractor pulls it was still a bleak day and a little cool. We headed back to the meet site and Norm Grabatin who was hosting setup a nice spread for the potluck we sat around swapped stories talked Hudsons showed photos and ate too much food. A 47 Commodore six came in and we had a nice Hudson parking lot. After supper Norm pulled out his 1930 Hudson Great 8 and we all stood around doing what we do when a Hudson is running with the hood open....gawk..

Nothing better than talking Hudsons with other Hudnuts.

Here is a link to some pictures.

http://www.hudsonmotorcar.org/coppermine/thumbnails/album=14.html
  • hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    Neat!!! And you actually took them to a public place????? (I'm being sarcastic, here. LOL) Looks like it was a great meet.

You need to write it up and send it to Sam J, at the WTN, so our lower 48 members can see there is Hudson activity north of the border.

Hudsonly,

Alex B
  • TOM-WA-
    TOM-WA- Senior Contributor
    OMG....You actually took your cars out on the road and in the RAIN!!!

Next you will tell us that you let members of the General public look at you're cars...

Keep THAT up and you might give us a Bad name.......LOL

Just kidding I'm glad you got em out and showed em off......I take mine out almost every weekend and while most times I'm the Only Hudson at shows at least I let people see it, touch it and swap stories about it
  • I only took the tire iron to 3 people and those were people who didn't obey the unwritten stay 50 feet back and bow when asking questions rule. LOL

The guys we have up here drive them. When people unload the trailer queens we unmercilessly tease them, then throw rotten tomatoes at them. The only trailer guys we have are guys working on their cars and trucks that are not road worthy yet and they still load them up and show up.

Gonna get more weekend drives going because nothing spells love like a long line of Hudsons cruising around.
This discussion has been closed.