Fixted it....

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Went to the paint store and they replaced badly mixed gallon free of charge. They also added some black to the said bad gallon and got it close to where it was meant to be and let me keep it to use as a base so now I have plenty of paint and then some. Re-shot the firewall, header and got the rear done as well. Now working on the decklid and rear fenders. Hard to tell from the photo, but it is now much darker than it was and is now the correct Roman Red on the 49 color chips....exactly what I wanted. Problem solved. To make things even more exciting, I pick up the engine block from the machine shop tomorrow. Going to take a break from body work next week and finish engine rebuild.

IMG_7796.jpg

Comments

• Look-n-good!
  • rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    Yessss! Glad to hear they (the paint jobbers) took care of you and then some!

I think the picture posted does show an improved color - even if it was taken inside.

If most people don't know, unless you're using some of that crazy chameleon House of Color paint - Reds are one of the most expensive automotive colors to buy... And I know some paints that are used on the stealth radar evading stuff can be up to $3000.00 a gallon - how'd you like to paint your Hudson with that!
  • rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    edited November 2013
    Grumpy wrote:
    A "stealth" Hudson?! Now, THAT is something I'd like to see... (so to speak)

Now I can't afford the stealth paint for the Hudson (who could - and if they can I want them to adopt me!) but - I'm going to be as 'stealthy' as I can because in Washington State I can license my car with a vintage 1949 WA plate - only 1 plate was issued then, so, it will run on the rear - none on the front and it does not have the reflective coating that is purported to be for 'safety' when in reality its so Johnny Law can zap you with the radar - good luck catching me on radar - Ha Ha!
  • Too many round reflecting surfaces on any Hudson to be a stealth candidate, plus a large radar cross-section (RCS), or in other words, its size, and all that metal, make it almost impossible to make it anywhere near invisible.

Also, have you noticed the cheap-looking plates coming from many states these days that are printed and not stamped? Notice the letter/number font on all of these new tags is identical in all the states going to these??? Know why??? They are much easier for the photo-cops to get your tag, and the font is electronically similar to how a bar-code is read at the supermarket. It's all about Johnny Law, and you are assumed to be a lawbreaker at all times.
  • Cool Myth Busters episode where they try every trick in the book to make a car radar proof. Nothing working the scanner got them every time. Pretty funny episode.

Dennis, that covertible is going to look awesome. Paint me green with jealousy.
This discussion has been closed.