Ebay 54 4 Dr Hornet

Comments

• SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    262 head on a 308 block? can't see the pan flange to see if it has the rib that a 308 should have. Does look like a nice car to start with..pretty much unmolested..so far.

Dave W. Fl
  • Kinda funny. Check out the invoice on it. Total price was just under $3,500 and an earlier Hudson club coupe was traded in on it...
  • I have talked with the owner of this car ... it is a running and driving car that has been in long term storage in Bellevue Ne. In the 70s I was a member of the US Air Force stationed at near by Offutt AFB. During that time I cosmetically renewed a 22,000 mile 54 Hornet while living in Bellevue. On several occasions folks would approach me and tell about another Green Hudson ... JUST LIKE YOURS ... seen in Bellevue. Turns out the owner, an insurance man rarely drove his Hudson (the one up for auction) and it eventually was relegated to a garage ... just a few blocks from where my car was housed. The current owner is not a Hudson type and is trying to sell the car to someone who will appreciate and restore it. Note that all though the interior appears soiled ... it is complete and not torn. Very hard to come by in a Hudson of any year. Anyway ... just a few comments. Call the owner ... he is a personable young fellow and actually eager to sell this Hornet. BTW...last go round the high bidder stiffed the bid.

Cheers
  • rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    I have talked with the owner of this car ... it is a running and driving car that has been in long term storage in Bellevue Ne. In the 70s I was a member of the US Air Force stationed at near by Offutt AFB. During that time I cosmetically renewed a 22,000 mile 54 Hornet while living in Bellevue. On several occasions folks would approach me and tell about another Green Hudson ... JUST LIKE YOURS ... seen in Bellevue. Turns out the owner, an insurance man rarely drove his Hudson (the one up for auction) and it eventually was relegated to a garage ... just a few blocks from where my car was housed. The current owner is not a Hudson type and is trying to sell the car to someone who will appreciate and restore it. Note that all though the interior appears soiled ... it is complete and not torn. Very hard to come by in a Hudson of any year. Anyway ... just a few comments. Call the owner ... he is a personable young fellow and actually eager to sell this Hornet. BTW...last go round the high bidder stiffed the bid.

Cheers

If it was a year ago - before I bought the 49 I would have already pulled the trigger because 3500 for a decent looking runner would have given me a better start and maybe I could have driven it a bit!
This discussion has been closed.