Problem with hydramadic ?

harry54
harry54 Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Hello all , I stand before you asking for help. I have a 54 hornet sedan that runs and drives fantastic accept for one issue, the downshift from second back to first. When driving with the car fully warm the car shifts great , all the way up and the kick down as well. The problem I have is that when approaching a stop light or stop sign as the transmission is gearing back down from second to first , it bangs in. I think it could be an adjustment but I'm unsure. I would appreciatte any advice . Thanks Harry54

Comments

• dave s
    dave s Senior Contributor, Moderator
    You need to losen the nuts and turn out to lengthen the throttle pressure rod. Do it slowly, test driving after each turn on nuts.
  • Dave Has It Almost Right. Loosen 2 Nuts At Top Of Throttle Pressure Rod And Move Them Up To Lengthen Rod. Another Solution Is To Shift Car To Nuetral When Slowing For A Stop, Pull Back Into Drive To Take Off. This Prevents Downshifts And Lengthens Life Of Trans, Bill Albright
  • harry54
    harry54 Senior Contributor
    Thanks all. I appreciatte it. I have done that to a degree , however when I lengthen to get the smooth shift back from second to first I loose the kick down. But I guess I need to look again to see if I'm adjusted all the way out .
This discussion has been closed.