Das Awkscht Fescht

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Congratulations are in order for all the members of the Penn-Dutch Chapter who worked very hard to put on a terrific 3 day meet in Macungie, Pa. this last weekend. Hudson was the marquee car at this years annual festival and with 10 beautiful Hudson built cars under the spacious tent there was plenty of room for numerous picnic tables and chairs for the many Hudsonites to gather to kick tires and talk to all the people who came to admire these wonderfull cars.

Special thanks to John Sherlock, Allan Minard, Dave Brady and Doug Strohl who worked long hours during the meet to ensure that everything went smoothly.

No Hudson gathering would be complete without plenty of good food and this meet was certainly no exception. On Friday night, Dave and Debbie Brady put on a delicious buffet style dinner in the shop that houses their business "Dave's Interior Restorations". This former Studebaker dealership was the perfect setting for a Hudson style meal. Paul Schuster was seen eating his dinner while sitting in front of one of the sewing machines used in the shop. The meal on Saturday night was the perfect bookend to Friday's dinner. Another delicious buffet style meal was served under the tent in the midst of all the Hudsons on the show field.

This was without a doubt the best multi-make car show that Judy and I have ever attended and the ranks of Hudson admirers have grown due to the approximately 100 HET vehicles present at this event.

How about it Hudsonite attendees. What did you think of this meet?

Kudos to the Penn-Dutch Chapter!!

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Much thanks to the Pa. Dutchers (especially those named above, but others as well) for not only giving a great time to all Hudsonites who showed up, BUT for having organized a great public relations coup for the Hudson marque and the Club. I'll bet there were many among the show's thousands of attendees, who had never seen a Hudson, let alone 103 of them in one spot! This is a fine example to set for other chapters. There are many mixed-make car shows across the country and by organizing local Hudson owners to get their cars out for everyone to see, Chapters can help boost not only their own membership but that of the National as well.
  • Jon B wrote:
    Much thanks to the Pa. Dutchers (especially those named above, but others as well) for not only giving a great time to all Hudsonites who showed up, BUT for having organized a great public relations coup for the Hudson marque and the Club. I'll bet there were many among the show's thousands of attendees, who had never seen a Hudson, let alone 103 of them in one spot! This is a fine example to set for other chapters. There are many mixed-make car shows across the country and by organizing local Hudson owners to get their cars out for everyone to see, Chapters can help boost not only their own membership but that of the National as well.

Jon,

You are right on the mark. This is what is going to keep our HET membership alive. Speaking of which, if seen together, most people will take a Stepdown over a 49 - 50 Merc any day of the week. You can thank the popularity of the James Dean movie "Rebel Without A Cause" for inflating the values of the Merc's. Niels
  • PAULARGETYPE
    PAULARGETYPE Senior Contributor
    Kevin You Are Right On The Button I'm Sorry I Missed This Posting When The Meet Was Over I'm Prowd To Say We Were There 3 Days Of Showing Off For All The Other Marques Hudson Out Front Where It Belongs Congrats To The Dutch Chapter And To John Sherlock Dave Brady Allan Manard And Doug Strol And All The Other Who Helped
This discussion has been closed.