1939 Hudson 112 2dr Seat Frames

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Does anyone know where I might find seat frames for my 1939 Hudson 112? Frames from a similar year and model are also acceptable.

I am in Rhode Island

please e-mail u_shewett@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Sean

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Are you looking for both the cushion and seatback? Do you need the entire track assembly at the floor? There may be some differences between the brougham, coupe and utility coupe models as well, so you might want to tell your precise body style.
  • The entire seat frame with cushions and track assembly for the front and rear would be great but if the frames are only available, I will work with them. The car is a 1939 Hudson 112 2 door....I'm not really sure if it is a brougham, coupe, or utility coupe. What the the distinguishing features?

Thanks

Sean
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    The coupes have a large trunk. The utility or business coupe had no space behind the seat so it may be that the seat does not have the divided backrests. The 4-passenger coupe has a small side-facing seat behind the front seat, therefore the front seat has a divided back for ease of entry.

The broughams are essentially a 4-door roofline, but with two large (instead of 4 small) doors. They have a full back seat. They would have the divided front seats for ease of entry to the back seat.

So there are some differences between the seats in various 2-door body styles.
  • Thanks for the info....from what you have said I believe my car is a 1939 112 Brougham
  • Now back to my original question....does anyone know where I might find seats for my 1939 Hudson 112 Brougham???
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Try Ed Moore at HETed-moore@ultranet.com (delete the HET before sending). He had a couple of late thirties Hudsons in his junkyard, at least up to last year.
This discussion has been closed.