Hudson Charging system

bobbydamit
bobbydamit Expert Adviser
edited November -1 in HUDSON
OK, I'm sure there is a place where this problem is covered in detail, but I forgot where it is:

The voltage regulator on my 51, clicks in and out, rapidly, while engine is running. The car had one of those 6/12vdc Systems added set ups that starts on 12vdc but runs and charges on 6vdc. I pulled that battery because it is destroy my starter and flywheel. I put in an 8vdc battery, like I have on so many other cars and the systems have handed it fine. I maybe just need a new Voltage Regulator, But I forgot the number at NAPA, or, it's not wired right from the change over to this 6/12 system. I need a simple charging system wiring diagram to make sure all is right first, and a part number for a new voltage Regulator and I should be back on the road again with my 8 volt. Can anyone help an old forgetful Hudnut ??

DC Challenged :confused:

Comments

• bobbydamit
    bobbydamit Expert Adviser
    I talked to Dave K. and got the number of The Voltage Reg. VR-2. Standard. Plus I'm sure I can find the wiring diagram in my '51 Motor Mate. All that is left to do is to spend the money. Is it [short betwen Arm and Batt.] Or [Arm and Field], Just in case it is not in the box of the new reg, or in the book under polarizing?
This discussion has been closed.